Entries are now open for the inaugural Innovation Zero Awards 2024
We're looking for ground-breaking solutions and cutting-edge low carbon technologies introduced in the past 6 years that help to fight the climate crisis by reducing or eliminating the carbon footprint of clients' operations. For start-ups and innovators looking for recognition and visibility to an audience of corporate buyers and investors - these awards provide a unique opportunity to put your climate tech in the spotlight!
Entries close on Friday 8th March. The shortlist will be announced on Monday 15th April.
CATEGORY 1: ENERGY & POWER
The Energy category covers all solutions that help to decarbonize legacy energy production, transportation and utilization or storage or produce minimum-carbon energy (such as renewables).
Such solutions include energy management systems, batteries, biofuels, CHP, electromechanical storage, biomass, heat recovery, hydrogen, kinetic energy, energy monitoring and metering, utilities and others.
CATEGORY 2: TRANSPORT, LOGISTICS & SUPPLY CHAIN CATEGORY
The Transport, Logistics & Supply Chain category covers all solutions that help to decarbonize the movement of people and goods via any form of transport or means.
Some solutions emerging from this sector are electric and hybrid vehicles, transport infrastructure, charging stations, smart parking, traffic management, fleet management, ride-sharing and others.
CATERGORY 3: LAND & WATER
The Land & Water category covers all solutions that help reduce the climate impact of using land and water.
In this category, we include agriculture, food, and other consumer goods production and retail solutions, GHG capture and storage solutions, and any solutions related to biodiversity, forestry, ocean and atmosphere, climate and weather.
CATEGORY 4: INDUSTRY
The Industry category covers all solutions that help mitigate the climate effects of production capital goods used in manufacturing.
The scope includes the manufacturing of petrochemicals and plastics, electrical and electronics, chemicals, heavy machinery and equipment, and pharmaceuticals, among other sectors of the economy.
CATEGORY 5: MONITORING, REPORTING & VERIFICATION
The Monitoring, Reporting & Verification category covers solutions that detect, calculate, analyze, govern and offset GHG emissions.
For example, software for quantification and mapping emissions, sensors, AI and ML tools for analyzing and tracking emissions, carbon offsetting projects and voluntary carbon trading platforms.
CATEGORY 6: BUILT
The Built category covers solutions that reduce the climate impact of construction and operation of homes, buildings, streets, urban infrastructure and spaces.
It includes solutions to mitigate climate change and adapt to its effects in this challenge, including construction materials, ecodesign, smart city technologies, building management systems, air quality management, etc.
Entry terms and conditions
1) DEADLINE The applications must be submitted by the 8th of March 2024
2) ELIGIBILITY: Entries are free and open for all solutions:
- That help to fight the climate crisis by reducing or eliminating the carbon footprint of clients' operations. We will ask for a clear description of your solution's climate impact and the methodology you used to assess it (external or own).
- Launched in the last six years - since the 1st of January 2018.
- with technology validated in the lab or operational environment. This is the equivalent of a technology readiness level (TRL) 4 or higher. You can read more about TRLs here.
- Developed by companies with headquarters or major offices in the UK or Europe.
3) CATEGORIES. The judges will assess candidates in the six categories. You can apply for a maximum of 2 categories.
Sign up to Zero In for original opinion & analysis on the transformation to net zero